We’re encouraging you to get wood fired cooking over the autumn/winter months with this scrumptious winter warmer – Treat yourself, it’s too yummy not to try!
For the fruit
- 4 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 300g (10oz) frozen dark fruit – we use blackberries/blueberries
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- ½tsp ground cloves
- 2tbsp sugar
For the crumble
- 100g (4oz) plain flour
- 85g (3½oz) unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 100g (4oz) blanched whole almonds
- 4tbsp caster sugar
- A couple of pinches of demerara sugar
Start by firing up your wood fired oven to it’s optimum temperature and allow the oven to cool down to a baking environment. Maintain the temperature at 150 degrees C. For more information, please refer to our Cooking Techniques Guide.
Put the apples, dark fruit, spices and sugar into a bowl and toss everything together. Transfer to a greased 1.7l (3pt) baking dish.
Put the flour, butter and almonds into a food processor. Pulse briefly to form a mixture that resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and spoon the mixture over the fruit. Lightly sprinkle the demerara sugar over the top for that added extra scrum factor!
Place the dish on a baking sheet and put in your wood fired oven for 30 to 40 minutes until the fruit bubbles and the crumble is deliciously golden brown on top.
Serve with a hot vanilla custard and commence the tummy pleasing face feeding!
- For all the latest Stone Bake news & updates be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!