- 2 legs of lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced, plus 1 clove minced
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Start by firing up your wood fired oven to it’s optimum temperature and allow the oven to cool down to a roasting environment. Maintain the temperature at 250 degrees C. For more information, please refer to our Cooking Techniques Guide.
Lay the lamb legs flat on the work surface with the exterior of the leg on the work surface. With the point of a knife, make several incision in the lamb and insert a slice of garlic into each incision. Season lightly with the salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together the chives, mint, rosemary, thyme, oregano, minced garlic and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil.
Spread the herb mixture evenly over the exposed side of the lamb. Place the lamb onto a griddle pan and brush the outside of the lamb with the remaining olive and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Place pan in oven and roast the lamb for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Let the meat stand for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.