Christmas has crept up on us rapidly this year and this next month can be so hectic for everyone what with all the entertaining at parties, hosting of gatherings and all that present buying and wrapping! Tis the season to be jolly folks, so we’ve put together a little Stone Bake guide to a merry wood fired Christmas to help you prepare for the season of festive feasts and merriment well in advance!
Welcome to the first part of our Christmas guide – this instalment has you covered if you are planning a festive party or gathering at your house, or if you tend to have unexpected guests turn up at your door this time of year!
Wood Fired Party Bites!
This recipe was made for Christmas parties – perfect for sharing and as an accompaniment to all those other nibbly Christmas food goodies!
· Freshly prepared Stone Bake pizza dough
· 4 oz, cream cheese
· Shredded mozzarella or Italian blend shredded cheese
· 2 tablespoons butter
· 1 clove garlic, minced very fine
· 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil and rosemary
· 1 small bowl of warmed Stone Bake’s secret tomato sauce for dipping
Serve the tear and share with a pot of Stone Bake’s secret tomato sauce for some serious dipping!
Impress your party guests with this Christmassy nibble board – it’s just not Christmas without pigs in blankets!
For the pigs in blankets you’ll need:
· 60ml (4 tbsp) runny honey
· A pack of smoked bacon
· 900g (2 lb) good-quality chipolatas
· Cranberry Sauce (shop bought or home made)
Serve them on a decorative plate or wooden board; you can add some Christmas decoration like a sprig of holly to be a bit fancy and place the cranberry sauce on the side in it’s glass jar for dipping!
For the homemade cranberry sauce, you’ll need:
· 1 packet of fresh cranberries.
· 170g of white caster sugar.
· The juice and zest of an orange
· 1 tsp Nutmeg
· 2 tsp Cinnamon
· 3 x Cloves
Once it’s all cooked up spoon it into your glass jar and hey presto – quicker than you can say Santa’s hat it’s all ready to be dipped!
The PERFECT little nibbly treat for your party this Christmas!
· 500g bag new potatoes
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· Sea salt
· 75ml half-fat soured cream
· Small bunch chives, snipped
Once cooked add a teaspoon of soured cream to each, a little freshly ground black pepper, and a sprinkling of chives.
A scrummy addition to any festive Christmas party spread!
· Shop bought (17 1/4 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
· 1lb Brie cheese
· Cranberry sauce (purchased or homemade – we like to encourage home making (recipe here) but we know how busy we all get over Christmas!)
· The cranberries will begin to burst and the juice will turn a nice deep red. At this point it’s nice to add some spices along with your orange zest.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until puff pastry corners are toasted golden brown & the sauce and cheese is lightly bubbling for that authentic wood fired look!
Well there we have it Stone Bakers – we hope these little party bite recipes have given you some wood fired Christmas inspiration! Keep your eye out for the next instalment: ‘Stone Bake’s Christmas Gift Guide’ coming very soon!