Got to love the classic, French toast! Simple, easy and delicious…
- 1 loaf (16-oz.) stale French bread, sliced into 1-inch thick slices
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 250ml whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 230g and an extra 150g crumbled feta cheese, divided
- Drizzle the olive oil in a cast iron cooking tray/pan and place in the residual heat of your wood fired oven.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, thyme, pepper and the 230g of crumbled feta cheese until completely blended.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, covering all sides, and scooping up bits of feta cheese from the bottom.
- Transfer each bread slice to tray and cook on both sides until golden; about 1-1/2 minutes per side. Add more olive oil as and if needed.
- Remove each slice and place on paper towel to soak up excess fat.
- Sprinkle toast with remaining crumbled feta cheese, a few fresh sprigs of thyme and serve hot, hot, hot!
If you want to get involved with this latest trend please share your pimped up toast ideas with us! We’d love to see them and share them in our guest recipe section. Tweet us using #pimpyourtoast ,Facebook us or email us your recipes!
- For all the latest Stone Bake news & updates be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!