Using the February produce guide we have found the perfect pizza recipe! The juicy butternut squash adds an element of surprise!
For 2 pizzas:
- 2 (1/2 pound) balls pizza dough
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch kale, rinsed and cut into 2-inch ribbons
- 4 small red onions, quartered (or 1/2 a large red onion, sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- pinch of coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- fresh parmesan shavings for garnish
On a cast iron baking tray, toss squash and red onions with 2 tbsp of oil, the thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast 30 minutes, checking at 20 minutes and tossing.
In a medium skillet, heat 2 tbsp. of virgin olive oil and add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the kale and sauté for 2 minutes, until slightly softened. Remove from heat.
Prepare the pizza dough as explained in Stone Bake’s pizza dough recipe. Add shredded mozzarella to the dough.
Start by firing up your wood fired oven to its optimum temperature of 450°C and then allow heat to even out and maintain above 400°C. For more information, please refer to our Cooking Techniques Guide.
Place in the centre of your wood fired oven! It will only take 1 minute for your pizza to cook so make sure you carefully rotate it to ensure an even cook or until the crust is lightly browned and ever so slightly charred in places (your preference but we like it a little bit like this) and the cheese is bubbling.
Serve with a sprinkling of the remaining mozzarella cheese and get stuck in!
For more information about our residential oven range and other products click here!