Maple Syrup Salmon
This recipe is bound to satisfy and tantalise your tastebuds. The sweet syrup complements the salmon perfectly!
- 4 salmon individual fillets or steaks, preferably wild-caught as opposed to farmed
- lemon juice, fresh, 1 tbsp
- maple syrup, 2 tsp
- grapeseed oil (or other light-flavoured oil), 2 tbsp
- chipotle pepper, ½ tsp crushed dried chipotle pepper (a small amount of chiptole-flavoured barbeque sauce can be substituted)
- rosemary, dried, ½ tsp crushed
- kosher salt
- 2 Spring Onions thinly sliced for garnish
- lemon juice, fresh, 2 tbsp
- chipotle pepper, ½ tsp crushed dried chipotle pepper (a small amount of achiptole-flavored barbeque sauce can be substituted)
Start by firing up your wood fired oven to it’s optimum temperature and allow the oven to cool down and maintain the temperature at 200 degrees C. For more information, please refer to our Cooking Techniques Guide.
Mix the lemon juice, maple syrup, chipotle and rosemary and oil in a small bowl. Cover the salmon with the mixture and let it rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
Thinly slice the spring onions. As per the serving suggestion outlined in the “ingredients” mix the 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and the chiptole in a small bowl.
Place the salmon in the centre of your Stone Bake Oven. Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until desired doneness.
When cooked, put on serving platter and garnish with spring onions.
Serve with the lemon juice / chipotle mixture as an optional garnish.
- For more information about our residential oven range and other products click here!
- For all the latest Stone Bake news & updates be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.